Privacy & Cookies Policy – Piota App
This is the Privacy & Cookies Policy (the ‘Policy’) of Schappit Limited (hereafter ‘Schappit’, ‘we’ or ‘us’). This Policy describes the ways in which Schappit and your school (the “School”) collects and uses information about you when you download and use our Piota App on your phone or device (the ‘App’), if you contact Schappit or if you make a comment or complaint to Schappit about the App or if you visit our website at www.piota.co.uk (the ‘Website’).
1. By downloading and/or accessing the App you agree to be bound by this Policy in respect of the information collected about you as further described in Section A. By contacting us to comment or complain you agree to be bound by this Policy as described in Section B. By visiting our Website you agree to be bound by this Policy in accordance with Section C. Schappit may change this Policy at any time in which case we shall notify you of any changes to this policy.
SECTION A – Your use of the App
2. What the App Does: The App allows you to receive updates and information managed by the School. For the purposes of data protection legislation, the School shall be the ‘data controller’ responsible for how your information is used and Schappit shall be the ‘data processor’ acting on behalf of the School. If you have any concerns in relation to the way your information is presented or is used by the App please contact Schappit or your School.
Information which is collected by the App: The School may collect the following information using the App which is processed and shared with Schappit:
a. any information which you enter into the App;
b. the Unique Device Identifier or a record of the internet browser which you are using when you use the App. This may provide an approximate location as to where you are using the App and on what device;
d. if you sign into the App using a social network the App may be able to access certain information about you through that social network that you have agreed to make available; for example on Facebook, your Facebook ID, information relating to your friends, profile picture, gender, language, geo-location or the device you are using. You can change what information the App accesses by changing your privacy features on your social networks.
3. Information which is processed by the App: The School may add its existing records in relation to you (and any child to whom you are the parent or legal guardian) to the App to assist the School in relation to the tasks outlined in paragraph 4. This information may include your name, your child’s name, your phone number, your email address and other details about you. If you have any queries or concerns in relation to any such information please contact the School. Schappit shall process all such information but shall not extract or utilise it.
4. How the information about you on the App is used: The information about you described in paragraphs 2 and 3 may be used by the School and Schappit as follows:
a. to enable the School to undertake administration tasks in relation to the management of the School, including but not limited to:
i. obtaining consents for activities such as school trips, photographing pupils, publishing photographs of pupils on the School website or marketing purposes;
ii. providing feedback on the School through surveys;
iii. updating you in relation to activities, events and news relating to the School;
iv. organising meetings, for example parents’ evenings and consultations;
v. recording information in relation to pupils, for example absences, commendations, disciplinary occurrences and other attainment and progress measures;
vi. recording information in relation to parents and carers, for example contact details;
b. to tweak, tune and facilitate the improvement of the App and your experience of the App;
c. to provide advertising within the App which is more relevant to you (for example, which is based on your location and information about you which has been anonymised);
d. to allow you to communicate with the School and other users of the App;
e. to provide technical support in relation to your use of the App and troubleshooting;
f. to prevent fraud or illegal activities
g. Schappit may use such information in anonymised form for its own research and marketing purposes; and
h. to share with third parties as described in paragraph 5 below.
5. Sharing information with third parties: Schappit and the School shall not pass your information to third party advertisers for them to advertise to you (other than as described in this paragraph). Your information may, subject to the School and Schappit’s obligations to comply with applicable data protection legislation, be shared with the following third parties:
a. having taken precautions to maintain the security of such information, the School may share this information with:
i. its regulator, including OFSTED;
ii. organisers of activities and events organised by the School in relation to such activities or events; or
iii. its staff, its governors, applicable local authorities and other official bodies related to the management and functioning of the School.
b. in anonymised form, Schappit may share the information with:
i. its online advertising partners to serve adverts within the App that you may see and to ensure that such ads are relevant to you;
iii. to any third party, in relation to the sale of some or all Schappit’s business, or its assets, or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation. Schappit will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your rights continue to be protected;
iv. with data aggregators and service providers as part of an analysis of user metrics or sales performance; or
v. with law enforcement agencies in compliance with law enforcement.
6. Links to third party websites and third party adverts: Neither Schappit nor the School is responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from the App, adverts in the App or from adverts on a webpage when you are using the App. You should check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions. In addition, if you link to the App from a third party site or via a social network (e.g. Twitter, Facebook), neither Schappit nor the School is responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
7. Security: Schappit has implemented technology and policies to safeguard your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use. You may also change your account settings on your social networks (e.g. Facebook) to prevent both us and third parties seeing information in relation to you.
SECTION B – Contact with Schappit
8. Information Schappit collects and uses if you contact us or make complaints: When Schappit receives complaints by email it files any relevant document and may retain details of the complainant and other individuals identified in the complaint. Schappit will only use this information to process the complaint and to check on Schappit’s services and staff. Schappit shall retain information in relation to a complaint for 6 years after its closure, in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted on a ‘need to know’ basis.
SECTION C – Your use of the Website
10. Links to third party websites and third party adverts: Schappit is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from the Website or adverts on the Website. You should check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions. In addition, if you link to the Website from a third party site or via a social network (e.g. Twitter, Facebook), Schappit is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
SECTION D- Cookies and Similar Technologies
b. Disabling Cookies: The use of the cookies described above improves the functionality of the App or the Website and your experience of using them. If you do not want these cookies to be served on your device, you are able to disable them by changing the settings on your browser, or on your device. Please note that if you do decide to disable cookies you may not be able to access some of the App or Website, some of the features of the App or Website or the App or Website may not function properly. By continuing to use the App or Website, including using social networking media functionality, you consent to the relevant cookies being set on your device.
TABLE 1 – Cookies used by the App
|Cookie Type||and Purpose|
|Performance Cookies:||Schappit uses persistent cookies and session cookies to, for example, assist in the navigation around the App, to enhance your use of the App and to support graphic and video features;|
|Google Analytics:||Schappit uses Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how visitors use the Website, which Schappit use to help improve it. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Website, where visitors have come to the Website from and the pages they visited. Google Privacy Overview|
TABLE 2 – Cookies used by the Website
|Cookie Type||and Purpose|
|Google Analytics:||Schappit uses Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how visitors use the Website, which Schappit use to help improve it. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Website, where visitors have come to the Website from and the pages they visited.Google Privacy Overview|
SECTION E – Contact
Schappit Details: If at any time you would like to contact Schappit about your views on this Policy or any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at “Data Protection Officer, Schappit Limited, Unit 114A, Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, Islington, London, N1 0QH”. This is Schappit’s registered address and we are a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 09084187.
Schappit’s Registration with the ICO: To the extent that Schappit acts as a Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, and generally in relation to your use of the App we shall not, we have notified the Information Commissioner of our role as a ‘data controller’ under the Data Protection Act 1998 with registration number ZA074234.
School Details: If at any time you would like to contact the School about your views on this Policy or any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by using the school’s contact details provided as part of the App.