These Terms set out the terms between you and Schappit when you access and use the Piota application software (“Piota”). These Terms apply to all users of Piota. Your use of Piota means that you accept and agree to abide by these Terms and our Privacy and Cookies Policy which is deemed to form part of these Terms. These Terms take effect from the date of your first use of Piota.
- Who are ‘we’? We are Schappit Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with a company number of 09084187 and a registered office at 7 Barnsbury Street, London, N1 1PW (hereafter “Schappit” or “we”). Schappit has a registered VAT number of 203579907.
- What is Piota? Piota is a service enabling schools, charities, clubs and other client organisations to communicate news stories, events and other information via a customised Piota app built by Schappit. For example a school can use a Piota app to provide news stories, details of events and trips and to request consents from legal guardians in relation to activities undertaken by their children. Information on exactly what information, including personal data, that Schappit collects and processes when you use Piota is detailed in our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- Content on apps: You acknowledge that Schappit only provides the infrastructure which powers Piota’s apps. Schappit is not responsible for the content which is provided and displayed on Piota’s apps. All such content (including, without limitation, news stories, letters, details of events, contacts information, messages) is provided by the client organisation to which the app relates. Therefore Schappit is not liable for any of the content on Piota’s apps, nor for the accuracy or for any reliance placed upon the content provided via Piota’s apps.
- Consents relating to Children: You promise that, where Piota is being used to provide any form of consent or permission to the school in relation to a child that: (a) you are the legal guardian of that child; and (b) you are entitled to provide such consent or permission.
- Your use of Piota: If you are under the age of 18 you confirm that you: (i) have your parent’s or guardian’s permission before downloading Piota; (ii) have read these Terms with your parent or guardian to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand and agree to these Terms; and (iii) confirm that your parent or guardian have agreed to these Terms on your behalf before you use Piota for the first time.
You may not use Piota: (a) in any way which breaches any applicable local, national or international law; (b) to disseminate any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material or otherwise breaching any laws; (c) in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent, purpose or effect; (d) to interfere with any other person’s use or enjoyment of Piota; (e) to send, receive, download, use or upload any materials which contains viruses or any other harmful programs or code design to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware; (f) to transmit or send any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (e.g. spam); or (g) in any other way which Schappit finds objectionable.
- Intellectual Property: Piota is owned by Schappit (and its licensors) and Piota is protected by copyright, trade marks (both registered and unregistered), database rights, design rights and other intellectual property rights. This includes (but is not limited to) all photographs, images, text, fonts and designs available on Piota. You may view, retrieve and display Piota on your mobile phone or other devices for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you: (a) keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices; and (b) do not otherwise reproduce, copy, distribute, resell or otherwise use for commercial purposes any of the content on Piota.
- Schappit’s Liability: Except for liability for death and personal injury or death caused by its negligence or its liability in the tort of deceit Schappit shall not be liable for:
- any loss or damage including without limitation indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages, or any loss of profits, revenue, data or data use arising out of or in connection with your use of a Piota app including business losses such as lost data, lost profits or business interruption;
- any error or omission (whether human or manmade) in the provision of Piota or in the operation of Piota including any typographical or programming mistakes or errors.
- any reliance placed on any of the content on Piota by you or any third party. Schappit gives no representation or warranty, whether express or implied in relation to the content and as to whether the content is accurate, complete or current.
- the content on any websites which are linked to or from Piota, any such other web sites or material which are beyond its control; or
- any error or inaccuracy in advertising and sponsorship materials or for any loss of any kind which you suffer as a result of such advertising or sponsorship. Piota may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on Piota complies with relevant laws and codes.
8) Availability of Piota: Schappit makes no promise that the services on Piota will meet your requirements. Schappit cannot guarantee that Piota will be fault-free. If a fault occurs with Piota you should report it to email@example.com and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can. Your access to Piota may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore Piota as soon as we reasonably can.
9) Termination or suspension of your use of Piota: Schappit may, at its sole discretion, without liability, immediately suspend or terminate your access to Piota (in whole or in part) if: (a) in Schappit’s opinion, you have breached (or we suspect you have breached) these Terms; (b) your account has been inactive for more than 12 months; or (c) Schappit is carrying out maintenance of Piota. Please note that suspension is not a waiver of any right of termination which we may have under these Terms
10) General Terms
- We may update these Terms from time to time for legal or regulatory reasons or to allow the proper operation of Piota. Any changes will be notified via a suitable announcement on Piota. The changes will apply to the use of Piota after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms you should not continue to use Piota. If you continue to use Piota after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of Piota indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Term.
- If Schappit decides not to exercise or enforce any right that it has against you at a particular time, this does not prevent Schappit from later deciding to exercise or enforce that right.
- Schappit shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- These Terms and any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and your use of Piota shall be subject to the laws of England and Wales. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to commence court proceedings, you must do so in the courts of England and Wales.
If you have any questions in respect of these Terms, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.